Pinterest is a social network for people to share premium quality images that greatly attract attention. If you want to increase the engagement of your brand with Pinterest community, try it with a contest, because you will meet the results.
Pinterest encourages companies to organize competitions aimed at creating new pin or boards judging the creativity of themselves and not the objective is to give the + Pin or existing pins. The reason is that users are going to make an effort to create more original content knowing they will be judged for it.
Note that does not allow the following options:
- You can not ask the repinner the contest rules
- You can not organize a lottery that is based on pins, repines, likes or follows
- You should not encourage spam, for example asking contestants to comment
- Ask a number of pins. It should provide only one pin
Of course we must be clear, as in any social media strategy that what are our goals when creating this contest and how we will measure them.
Before starting the contest, take your time to rewrite the rules of your contest in a shortest and clearest way:
Indicates what will be the target user, or create a board with pins that you like related to that topic and share with your followers url asking for your vote. The url that has obtained the most votes will receive (clearly specifies the prize, which can be a product, service , etc).
Tips For Starting A Good Contest On Pinterest
- Use correct hasthags
- Make it compatible with mobile devices
- Monitors the quality of the images that have participated
- Create a landing page and perfectly lay the foundations, depending on the objectives you have described
- Share the competition across all your social networks
- Whenever someone shares a picture for the contest, give your opinion directly
- When finished the contest you must notify the winner and share it on various social networks
- Measures the results to see what you can improve for your next contest
5 Tools for creating your contest on Pinterest
Octopin: Allows us to manage and create campaigns. You can also monitor your campaign progress and schedule your pins.
Wihspond: Great tool with which you can create contests on Pinterest.
Piqora: Is a comprehensive tool to create contests and allows you to manage accounts and provides good analytical.
Votigo: is live since 2006 and has worked with major brands such as Ebay. With this tool you can create the pin contest and you can use your application for forms registration, among other things.
Woobox: Integrates with your Facebook page and provides options tab on Facebook page. Woobox is a very helpful tool to create contests.